We are Charlotte Mason Soirée, and we come alongside parents in their homeschooling journey by:
- equipping them with resources relevant and authentic to the Charlotte Mason philosophy;
- encouraging them with camaraderie and support;
- inspiring them with Charlotte Mason’s vision of a liberal education for all.
Establishing local community and continuing education for parents was important to Charlotte Mason. It was a part of her vision. She didn’t just publish her volumes and say, “Best of luck!” No! She had a complete support system that provided encouragement and resources for those parents.
We think we have no better model or example than Charlotte Mason herself as we endeavor to create a modern day support system that provides:
- Authentic resources that reflect Charlotte Mason’s philosophy and methodology in order that parents may continue their own education via online courses, self-paced studies, blog posts and Charlotte Mason Soirée Retreats and events;
- Training that allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the Charlotte Mason philosophy and also guides you as you establish local communities built on a solid foundation of reading Miss Mason’s volumes;
- Online communities such as our CMS Facebook group and Online Reading Group Societies.
We also offer support and a structure for those who want to set up their local community in a very specific and focused way. This structure called CM Soirée Societies lays a strong foundation for the community while giving local groups the autonomy to serve the needs of their members as they adhere to the guidelines prayerfully set forth by CM Soirée.